Art has since evolved over the years from the cave paintings by the early humans, to digital illustrations done on a computer. The world as seen today has gone digital however a few creative communities are still left behind.
Tribe Uganda is a guild collective comprising of digital art illustrators, animators and video gamers based in Uganda. The 14 member studios include; Mongola studio, Agix studio, Mango tree Uganda, Reminac comics, Creatures animation, Gamers nights, Elupe, i3 Media, Kab comics, Sketch klan, Leaves arts studio, Black Meteor, Samaritan studio and Tonga animation.
Vision: Our goal is creating a sustainable digital art industry while bringing artists together to realize their dreams.
Mission: To grow the digital art scene as a collective while promoting original African content.
- To grow and promote the Ugandan creative Arts industry, including comics, animation and video games, to compete in the global job and career market.
- To build, mentor and inspire Art in the younger generations interested in creative arts as a hobby or as a career path.
- Building on our cultural identity and promoting contemporary African art and design by distributing exclusive original content through projects, partnered events and different mediums.
The purpose of Tribe Uganda is establishing a digital art industry while promoting and advocating for; quality education, youth empowerment, social justice and sustainable development.
Tribe Uganda has seen the value and opportunities available in this new sector through some of the projects it has done such as the DigiArt fest that is held annually at Design Hub Kampala. Events like these have drawn digital art enthusiasts like animators, illustrators and video gamers to showcase their skills to the general public.
Economies like the United States of America, Japan, China and others have greatly invested in this billion dollar sector which has developed their societies in many ways.
- Tribe Uganda intends to use the fast changing technology to help introduce more audiences to art in Africa.
- To be able to use digital art as an advocacy tool for issues affecting communities in the health, education and political sectors; just to mention a few.
- To build networks and backing from different Artists all over Africa, to promote creative art as career and to fulfill Tribe Uganda’s objectives.